What is full coverage ?

I am often asked by a customer for full coverage on their automobile. My response is always the same. Are you asking for the coverage necessary to protect your lien holder and satisfy the state mandated requirements or do you want all policy coverages? The States of Alabama and Georgia require that all licensed drivers carry as a minimum, liability insurance, in an amount not less than $25,000 bodily injury per person & $50,000 bodily injury per accident and $25,000 property damage per accident. A lien holder does not care about liability. The lien holder requires that the borrower carry comprehensive and collision coverage. As a rule the lien holder will not allow the borrower to have more than a $500 deductible.

There are several more types of coverage that can be added to an automobile insurance policy. For example : Unisured/Underinsured liability, Medical payments, Rental car , Roadside auto or towing & labor, Payoff covereage and extra insurance for limited items such as rims& tires, radios, etc.

I would welcome the opportunity to explain all of these if you have the need.